Apical Texas is a vineyard consulting and management company, specializing in operational and technical expertise. We farm select Texas vineyards for exceptional wines. Our clients are the future and our mission is ensuring they realize their full potential.
Daniel Pate, M.S., received his master’s degree in agriculture and applied economics from Texas Tech University. Upon graduation, he moved to Northern California to begin his career in the wine industry.
- General Manager & Executive Team Member, JaM Cellars & FARM Napa Valley Vineyard Management (2017-2018)
- Director of Vineyard Operations, FARM Napa Valley Vineyard Management (2015-2016)
- Ranch Manager, Monte Rosso Vineyard, E&J Gallo Vineyards (2014-2015)
- Ranch Manager, Two Rock Vineyard, E&J Gallo Vineyards (2013-2014)
- Grower Relations Rep., Sonoma, Solano, Mendocino Counties, E&J Gallo Vineyards (2011-2012)
- Graduate Research Assistant, Grape Contracting, Texas Agrilife Extension (2009-2011)
- Student Research Assistant, Vineyard Budgets & Experimental Vineyard, Texas Agrilife Extension (2008-2009)
- Over 22,000 tons grown, managed, or purchased
- Over 4,300 unique acres
- For over 150 unique wine brands
- Over 65 wines with +90 point scores
- Covered the Texas High Plains, Texas Hill Country, Napa, Sonoma, Mendocino, Lake, Clarksburg, Lodi, Solano